It’s time for our first blog post of 2015, and here we find ourselves in early January. The holidays are over and everyone is settling back into work. We’re gearing-up to make 2015 a great year, and while I have a few minutes, I thought I’d write about what winter means to me…
1. It’s cold outside: We have offices in both the Denver, Colorado and Washington, D.C. areas. Neither of those locations are particularly warm in the winter. That means no golf, scary driving conditions, and occasional school closures. It’s the last one that really gets to me.
2. I’m excited for our prospects in 2015: We ended 2014 on a high note. Q4 brought a couple of new clients, record online flower sales in October, November, and December for one our largest customers, and the addition of our new, low-cost, local SEO option. 2015 is going to be a great year for DanMatt Media and for our clients.
3. The college basketball season is underway: My alma mater (Northwestern University) is currently 10-5 with a great young coach. Their prospects have never been brighter. And of course, Duke (the other team I root for) is 13-0 and ranked #2 in the country. For the moment, life is good.
4. The NFL playoffs have arrived: The Redskins went a dismal 4-12 this year and were eliminated from the playoffs while I was still playing golf outdoors, but my adopted hometown Broncos won the AFC West and are hosting the divisional playoff game this Sunday. It’s a bit of a long shot, but I’m hoping for a return trip to the Super Bowl.
5. The tournament golf season is on the horizon: It’s about this time of year that I really look forward to playing in a few of my favorite amateur golf tournaments when summer rolls around. It’s also the time of year when I forget that I only get out to play once a week, and that I’ll never be as good as I once was. Typically reality starts to set-in sometime around mid to late June. But for now, I’m full of optimism.
That just about does it. Winter isn’t my favorite time of year, but hope springs eternal for a great 2015. Hope you feel the same way!